I do follow a few bloggers- if you can call "following" checking in once a month or so. The top 5 topics that interest me:
- Friends that have blogs (Lisa T- paper cup poet, Tiffany C- sharp mother tongue, Wayne- poet and chemist, and Shannon- strong mama)
- parenting/ motherhood
- weight loss
- cooking and baking (ah and there's the rub on #3)
- crafty-creativeness (that I can envy but don't have time for)
So back to the original question- why would I want to hang out my thoughts on the laundry line . . . what do I want to get out of my experience as a blogger?
- I'd like to memorialize some of the great things that happen and some of our triumphs and moments of creative genius- so I have something to make me smile when the times are tough. I can also hope that someday my kids will read them and it will help them smile too. Maybe they won't do it until they have kids of their own- but that would be ok too.
- I feel compelled to create some sort of record- maybe just for my own ego- but what if I were hit by a bus (or in the suburbs more likely a bicycle or wayward car) I want my kids to have some insight as to the person that I was. Not just the mom that told them 'no' and ruined their good times.
- I want a place that I feel free to create lists but not waste paper and post-its (I'm a Taurus born in the year of the Ram and an ISTJ- which maybe is all related or maybe it means nothing. I'm clearly a planner and a list creator any my purse is forever full of scraps of paper reminders.)
- I want a place to record the steps of any creative genius in progress in our household . . . so others who have limited time and terrible work-life balance know that it is possible to squeak out a good project periodically.
- I want a place to feel free to record some of the bad and challenging things too. And maybe occassionally a friend will comment to share their own challenges . . .